Another Reservation Bites the Dust

Friday April 3rd 2020

Today’s weather was a clone of Thursday. The temperature peaked in the mid eighties with lots of sun and wind. Tomorrow is forecast to be a little warmer.

Yet another of my reservations going forward was canceled today. This one was for the end of April into the beginning of May. I was a little surprised that it was canceled this early. It was at a private campground that probably needs the revenue. I would have been calling to cancel the reservation anyway, but closer to the time. I still have one six night reservation in the second half of this month that I haven’t canceled yet. It will be interesting to see if they do it before I call them.

So far five of the fifteen reservations I made for the first half of my summer travels are canceled. Right now I suspect the other ten will be canceled as well. If I can’t get back on the road by Memorial Day, catching up with my planned itinerary isn’t practical. I’ll need to figure out a whole new travel plan. Trying to figure out when it will be reasonable to travel again is impossible. Health officials, politicians and psychics all have different opinions and they’re not sharing them. After forcing myself to plan more than normal back in December and January, it looks like I’m going to be winging it more than ever this year.

Overall today was very routine. I took two walks around the park. The last was at sunset so I could get a picture or two of the setting sun.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.